Monday, November 24, 2008

Nick Fury!



I was over at a friend's place watching the film 'Iron Man'. He has a Blu-Ray player, a Sony widescreen LCD TV and surround sound. There were several moments in the film that required us to replay and enjoy a second and sometimes a third time. I've been a fan of Marvel Comics since I was a kid and enjoy the many interesting stories and cosmologies. When the government agent mentioned they had changed their long agency name to the acronym S.H.I.E.L.D., I looked at my host (who had seen the movie before) and said in my best David Hasselhof voice, "Nick Fury, agent of S.H.I.E.L.D." and he about fell off the chair. He told me to wait until the end of the movie and I did. When Robert Downey said, "I'm Iron Man" when he was supposed to be reading a cover story off of an index card at a press conference - I laughed out loud. Then we were forced to watch the closing credits and despite my best protestations that I didn't need to see them, I'm glad I did, since this was the 'Easter Egg' after the last credits rolled...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home