Friday, April 11, 2008

Dazed and Confused!


Watching movies and I realized this is another film I lived...
it was the late 1970s and I was hanging out with the 'wrong crowd' at the local bowling alley. I met a character much like Mathhew McConaughey's - David Wooderson (who looks just like Joe Walsh when he was in the James Gang), except his name was Ralph Aviles and he drove a black 1969 396 Chevelle, 4 speed Muncie rockcrusher transmission and he'd street drag race it up and down Rt. 9 in southern Dutchess County. A lot of the action in this 1993 film by Richard Linklater was eerily familiar to me.
I was the young guy learning the ropes at the gameroom at the roller rink, in the parking lot out back, how to handle more than a few beers and how to be cool in front of the chicks. Ah, good times...

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:24 AM, Blogger 1minutefilmreview said...

Yup, memories won't fade....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home